91618, Mechanical Engineering Bldg
Dr. Ming-Hsun Wu is currently an associate professor of mechanical engineering at National Cheng Kung University in Taiwan. He joined the department in 2007 after earning Ph.D. degree from The Pennsylvania State University. He received B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and M.S. in Applied Mechanics from National Taiwan University in 1997 and 2001, respectively.
Dr. Wu’s current research interests include micropropulsion, oxyfuel combustion, deflagration-to-detonation (DDT), and nanothermites. His paper on flame acceleration and DDT in microtubes received a Distinguished Paper Award at the 31st International Combustion Symposium in 2008. He is also a recipient of Bernard Lewis Fellowship from the Combustion Institute in 2010.
From 2011 to 2016, he led two successive National Energy Projects of Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan to commission the first hundreds kW industrial pilot-scale oxy-combustion research facility in Taiwan. He has also been the principle investigator of more than 20 funded research projects since 2010. Dr. Wu has supervised over 15 master theses since 2007; several papers co-authored with his students received awards in national conferences. He is serving as a reviewer for more than a dozen international journals, and is an editor for Combustion Quarterly and Monthly Journal of Taipower’s Engineering. Dr. Wu also serves as board members of Institute for Dynamics of Explosions and Reactive Systems (IDERS), and the Combustion Institute of Republic of China (Taiwan).
Selected Publications :
- M.-H. Wu* and W.-C. Kuo (2012), Transition to detonation of an expanding flame ring in a sub-millimeter gap, Combust. Flame 159(3), pp. 1366-1368.
- M.-H. Wu* and C.-H. Wang (2011), Reaction propagation modes in millimeter-scale tubes for ethylene/oxygen mixtures, Proc. Combust. Inst. 33, pp. 2287-2293.
- M.-H. Wu* and P.-S. Lin (2010), Design, fabrication, and characterization of a low temperature co-fired ceramic gaseous bi-propellant microthruster, J. Micromech. Microeng. 20, pp. 085026.
- M.-H. Wu* & R.A. Yetter (2009), A novel electrolytic ignition monopropellant microthrusters based on low temperature co-fired ceramic tape technology, Lab on a Chip 9, pp. 910.
- M.-H. Wu* & R.A. Yetter (2008), Development and analysis of a LTCC micro stagnation point flow combustor, J. Micromech. Microeng. 18, pp. 125016.
- M.H. Wu*, M.P. Burke, S.F. Son, and R.A. Yetter (2007), Flame acceleration and the transition to detonation of stoichiometric ethylene/oxygen in microscale tubes, Proc. Combust. Inst. 31, pp. 2429-2436.
- M.H. Wu*, Y. Wang, V. Yang, and R.A. Yetter (2007), Combustion in meso-scale vortex chambers, Proc. Combust. Inst. 31, pp. 3235-3242.
(Last Update: Jan 2013)